A Lifelong Journey Unlike Any Other
Ravi Hutheesing is an international keynote speaker and culture catalyst. He empowers businesses, educators, and millions of people worldwide to transcend cultural and generational divides, and his incomparable life story keeps audiences on the edge of their seats.
The first American-born member of the family that created and governed the world's largest democracy for over 40 years, Ravi is the grand-nephew of Jawaharlal Nehru (India's first prime minister) and the cousin of prime ministers Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi. His father, having grown up in a complex and unstable family environment during their fight for India's independence, chose not to pursue politics and instead immigrated to the United States and landed a job on Wall Street. In contrast to his two older brothers who also became bankers, Ravi got lost as a child during his parents' bitter divorce and like his father, forged a path of his own.
He fell in love with music at age 11 and by starting a band, building a recording studio, and teaching a handful of guitar students, Ravi established himself locally as an artist-entrepreneur before graduating high school. His worldwide visibility skyrocketed in 1997 when he became the guitarist for triple Grammy nominee, Hanson, whose massive millennial fan base catapulted them to the White House, Madison Square Garden, Tonight Show, Good Morning America, Saturday Night Live, and more. The following year, Simon & Schuster published his memoir, Dancin' with Hanson, and he has since authored over a hundred articles for major magazines. As the Internet rose and the recording industry declined, Ravi began to speak on entrepreneurship at music universities and conventions including Berklee College of Music in Boston, the National Association of Music Merchants in Los Angeles, MusikMesse in Moscow, and Music China in Shanghai.
Following the economic collapse in 2008, he pursued his other childhood dream and became an aviator. By tapping into his Hanson experience and observations about Millennials, "The Raviator" (his call sign) augmented his income by giving keynotes on cross-generational collaboration to help reverse the shrinking pilot population. Discovering the strong connection that both millennials and pilots have with music, he created a niche by performing concerts at air shows, becoming the spokesman for products targeting young pilots, and co-designing a signature model folding guitar that fits in the cockpit of any small plane.
After delivering a keynote in Moscow on behalf of the music industry in 2014, Ravi was invited to serve as a cultural diplomat for the US Department of State and returned to Russia to give presentations on arts, entrepreneurship, and youth leadership. In 2016, he went to Indonesia—the world's largest Muslim population—and created songwriting and cultural entrepreneurship programs that bridged the most severe cultural and religious divides. He created similar programs the following year in Iraq and Lebanon which included students from Mosul liberated from ISIS just days earlier, and Syrians from the decimated city of Aleppo. Next year, he will launch one in Chile.
In 2018, Ravi founded Ravi Unites Schools—a growing network of over a hundred K-12 schools worldwide whose students participate in peer-to-peer global real-time audio-video interactions hosted by Ravi. He believes that such exchanges promote world peace by enabling youth to bond organically rather than succumb to implicit biases formed by institutional agendas. The idea was born out of his ten-year partnership with Shanti Bhavan Children's Project—a highly successful boarding school in India for the poorest of the poor.
As a global citizen, Ravi continues to pivot and grow. He shares his experiences and revelations in an effort to increase cross-cultural understanding and create a pathway to world peace.
A dynamic, engaging speaker who can charm an audience in seconds. His disarming and genuine style left a very positive impression on our Russian audience. We were very pleased with Ravi's skills as a presenter and his sensitivity to cultural differences, and highly recommend him.
U.S. Department of State
Bob Moje: Founding principal of VMDO Architects. For over 36 years, he has been involved with the planning and design of educational facilities for institutional clients. His personal mission is to create learning environments that enrich the lives of students and leave an indelible mark on school communities.
Mary Luehrsen: Executive Director of the National Association of Music Merchants Foundation and Sr. Executive of NAMM overseeing the organization’s federal level policy development and government relations efforts effecting access to music education and global commerce in the music industry.
Jeffery Sexton: 30 year career with US Dept. of State Foreign Service, holding public affairs and cultural diplomacy posts in India, Pakistan, Russia, Kazakhstan, Australia, Korea, China, and Hong Kong after serving six years in the U.S. Army in Germany as a Soviet military analyst.
Mary Beth Pelosky: Expert in educational policy and leadership including fellowships with Institute for Educational Leadership (IEL), US State Dept./ConSed Brazil Principal Exchange, and George Mason’s Confucius Institute (China); and a former public school principal, administrator, and teacher.
Keynote Client List
School Superintendents & Administrators
· AASA | The School Superintendents
· CASE | Colorado School Executives
· GCSSA | Greater Cleveland School Supts.
· HWC | Exec. Leadership Aspiring Supts.
· IAPSS | Indiana Assoc. of Public School Supts.
· KASA | Kentucky School Admins.
· MASA | Mississippi School Admins.
· NCASA | North Carolina School Admins.
· NHSAA | New Hampshire School Admins.
· NYSCOSS | NY State School Supts
· VASS | Virginia School Superintendents
· VAESP | Virginia Elementary School Principals
· WASDA | Wisconsin School District Admins.
· ASBA | Arizona School Boards Assoc.
· ISBA | Indiana School Boards Assoc.
· MASB | Michigan Assoc. School Boards
· VSBA | Virginia School Boards Assoc.
· WASB | Wisconsin Assoc. School Boards
Other K-12 Education Leadership
· AOCC | All Ohio Counselors
· ASCD | Supervision and Curriculum Dev.
· CATA | California Agricultural Teachers
· IB | International Baccalaureate (Global)
· IBMA | International Baccalaureate Mid-Atlantic
· NFES | National Family Engagement Summit
· NMEP | New Millennium Education Partners (India)
· SCIBS | South Carolina Intnl Bacc. Schools
· WASBO | Wisconsin School Business Officials
· VASCD | Virginia Supervision & Curriculum Dev.
Higher and Continuing Education
· ACHE | Continuing Higher Education
· CCCAOE | CA Com. College Occupational Ed
· DCCD| Dallas Community College District
· LACC | Los Angeles City College District
· NEA | National Education Assoc. Higher Ed
· TACE | Texas Admins. of Continuing Ed.
· YEP | Young Entrepreneurs Program
· AOPA | Aircraft Owners and Pilots
· AsBAA | Asian Business Aviation (Hong Kong)
· EAA | Experimental Aircraft
· MBAA | Michigan Business Aviation
· NAFI | National Flight Instructors
· Sun 'n Fun Fly-in Inc.
· Sun 'n Fun Caribbean Cruise
· American Voices
· NAMM | International Music Products
· Music China (China)
· MusikMesse Russia (Russia)
· Taxi Road Rally
· Top Marques Monaco (Monaco)
· Agile/Scrum Gathering (India)
· APEGBC | Pro. Engineers & Geoscientists (Canada)
· Loyalty 360 | The Loyalty Marketer's Association
· NAR | National Assoc. of Realtors
· Northwest Indian Youth Summit
Government & Civic Organizations
· Association of American Voices
· Boy Scouts of America (USA)
· US Department of State (US)
· US Embassy to Indonesia (Indonesia)
· US Embassy to Iraq (Iraq)
· US Embassy to Lebanon (Lebanon)
· US Embassy to Russia (Russia)
· US Mission to ASEAN (Indonesia)
· Accenture (India)
· AKG Electronics (USA, Germany)
· Lightspeed Aviation
· Martin Guitars
· Samick Musical Instruments
· Sennheiser Corp. (USA, Canada, France)
· Solutions IQ (India)
· Sporty's Pilot Shop
· Voyage-Air Guitars
Colleges & Universities
· Algonquin College (Canada)
· Berklee College of Music (USA)
· Embry-Riddle Aeronautical Univ. (USA)
· Grand Canyon University (USA)
· Institute of Fine Arts, Erbil (Iraq)
· Institut Kesenian Jakarta (Indonesia)
· John C. Smith University
· Kent State University (USA)
· Los Angeles City College (USA)
· North Lake College (USA)
· Notre Dame University (Lebanon)
· Pepperdine University
· Pyramind Audio Institute
· Purdue University (USA)
· RMA Business School (Russia)
· Seneca College (Canada)
· Sholokov University (Russia)
· St Petersburg State Drama Academy (Russia)
· University of Economics and Finance (Russia)
· University of Florida
· University of Humanities & Soc. Sciences (Russia)
· University of North Dakota (USA)
· University of Virginia
· University of W. Ontario (Canada)
- Western Michigan University (USA)
· YES Academy (Iraq)
· YES Academy Lebanon (Lebanon)
· YES Academy Jakarta (Indonesia)
Schools & Districts
· Anne Arundel MD Public Schools
· Catalina AZ Unified School District
· Chicago IL School District
· Elmwood WI School District
· Eastern Carver MN School District
· Fairfax VA School District
· Florence SC School District
· Greeneville TN School District
· Jericho NY District Schools
· Los Angeles Community College Dist.
· Manassas VA School District
· Merrill WI Area Schools
· Milwaukee WI Public Schools
· New Buffalo MI District Schools
· Rockville IL School District
· Riverside CA School District
· Shanti Bhavan Children's Project (India)
· Singapore International School (India)
· Stevens Point WI School District
· Washington DC School District