Turning Passion into Profession
Also available as youth program: You Can Do It
Ravi began with a "rock star" dream and never let go. As a teenager, he tackled every aspect of building a business, from acquiring guitar students and booking his band to building a recording studio in his basement and renting it to local artists. Before graduating high school, he had generated revenue and built a reputation that ultimately landed him in the top-selling band in the world. Navigating the dismantling of the recording industry in 1999 and collapse of the economy in 2008, his journey is one of consistent growth, successful pivots, and always staying relevant.
Now also a published author, aviator, global education advocate, and cultural diplomat for the US Department of State, it is primarily Ravi's curiosity, willingness to step out of his comfort zone, and social skills that drive his business, fuel his personal growth, and empower him to create real change in the world. "An entrepreneur's entrepreneur," Ravi shares his methodology in recognizing opportunities and achieving goals, and teaches how to incorporate the creativity of an artist and commitment of a pilot into a successful career that also makes a positive impact on the world.
• Dream: Life is about having the courage of your desires
• Ambition: It's better to aim high and miss than aim low and succeed ("failure is your friend")
• Professionalism: Don't chase success, pursue excellence and success will chase you
• Social-Entrepreneurship: Be the change you wish to see in the world
• Establish your vision with a commitment to success
• Think like a pilot to recognize opportunities and overcome obstacles
• Develop a "pay it forward," social-entrepreneurship component to attract support
• Build a meaningful network and create strategic brand alliances
Ravi has an innate sense and a keen understanding of the elements of career development. He truly connects with his audience to advance their careers.
– Don Gorder, Chair, Music Business & Management, Berklee College of Music