Cultivating an Entrepreneurial Mindset (Live the Dream)
This presentation can be customized for professionals seeking an entrepreneurial mindset or for students needing encouragement to live their dreams.
An Experience of A Lifetime: Ravi is an amazing orator, master of ceremony, and keynote speaker. Our students, staff, faculty, partners, and leadership were influenced and impacted by his innate ability to capture their attention by sharing his expertise. Lives are forever-changed through his storytelling. - Los Angeles City College
Ravi began with a "rock star" dream and never let go. As a teenager, he tackled every aspect of building a business, from acquiring guitar students and booking his band to building a recording studio in his basement and renting it to local artists. Before graduating high school, he had generated revenue and built a reputation that ultimately landed him in the top-selling band in the world. Navigating the dismantling of the recording industry in 1999 and collapse of the economy in 2008, his journey is one of consistent growth, successful pivots, and always staying relevant.
Now also a published author, aviator, global education advocate, and cultural diplomat for the US Department of State, it is primarily Ravi's curiosity, willingness to step out of his comfort zone, and commitment to expanding his horizons that drive his business, fuel his personal growth, and empower him to create real change in the world. "An entrepreneur's entrepreneur," Ravi shares his methodology in recognizing opportunities, overcoming challenges, and achieving goals, and teaches how to cultivate an entrepreneurial mindset that drives professional success while also making a positive impact on the world.
• Dream: Life is about having the courage of your desires
• Ambition: It's better to aim high and miss than aim low and succeed ("failure is your friend")
• Professionalism: Don't chase success, pursue excellence and success will chase you
• Social-Entrepreneurship: Be the change you wish to see in the world
• Step out of your comfort zone and expand your horizons
• Always ask, "What do I have to lose?"
• Develop a "pay it forward," social-entrepreneurship component that attracts support
• Build a meaningful network and create strategic brand alliances
• Embrace failure and see it as a result of pushing your own limits